See Chef Frederik at the Capital Harvest Farmers’ Market
On Friday November 5, watch Chef Frederik prepare and serve a seasonal Belgian endive salad with fresh goat cheese, dried fruit and apples purchased at the market. The Capital Harvest on the Plaza is located at 13th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue at the Woodrow Wilson Plaza. The market is open from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm on Fridays, and Chef Frederik’s demonstration will begin at 12:30.
42º Belgian Endive Salad
- 6 large Belgian Endives
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 5 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts (whole)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons aged red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
Begin by thinly slicing the Belgian endive and place in a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and crumble the soft goat cheese. Once mixed, add the vinegar, hazelnut oil, salt and pink peppercorns. Mix well and adjust vinegar and oil to taste, as needed.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.